We hope that you have been having an excellent few days and enjoying the great posts so far! Thanks to everyone that came out for our Fashion for Philanthropy Members' Mixer! It was a lot of fun!
For those of you that missed out, we held an exciting little game of Fashion Trivia and learned a lot of tidbits about the industry!
Here are the questions (and answers) if you want to freshen up your fashion knowledge!
- Who is the editor in chief of Vogue Magazine?
- Who is the director at Chanel?
- What museum hosts an annual gala that features designers and celebrates high fashion?
- What designer is known for the infamous red sole?
- Where is the fashion house Dior based?
- What American sportswear pioneer’s logo is a pony?
- What celebrity was famous for popularizing tie wearing for girls in the 2000’s?
- Who is the creative director of Vogue Magazine?
- What is the name of the documentary on Vogue Magazine?
The September Issue
- Name 3 Condé Nast published fashion magazines?
Allure, Vanity Fair, GQ, Teen Vogue, Vogue, Lucky, WWD, Glamour, W.
- Where is New York fashion week held?
- Name 3 prominent fashion bloggers.
Sea of Shoes, Tavi, Bryan Boy, Hanelli....
- Who launched the most recent cheap chic Target collection?
- Which designer's shoes are shaped like armadillo feet?
- Name the three fashion icons that serve as judges on Project Runway.
Heidi Klum, Michael Kors, Nina Garcia.
- Who is the CFDA President?
Diane Von Furstenburg
- What do the initials BCBG stand for?
Bon Chic Bon Genre
- What fashion line is known for ducks on their purses?
Dooney and Bourke
- What designer is responsible for creating the LBD Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany’s?
- What designer designed Kate Middleton’s wedding dress?
Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen
- What does pret-a-porter stand for?
Ready to Wear
- Name 3 people who have starred in Marc Jacobs ads.
Helena Bonham Carter, Victoria Beckham, Dakota Fanning
- Who’s Spring 2011 collection included lots of Bananas?
- Who was the first designer to popularize the LBD?
- What was Louis Vuitton’s original product?
- What is the next H&M designer collaboration collection?
- What school offers a fashion law program to protect the intellectual property of designers?
- What are the four main fashion capitals of the world?
Paris, New York, Milan, London
- What does a haberdashery sell?
Small articles for sewing
- What fashion industry trade-journal is considered "the bible of fashion"?
- Which designers PR girl is know for leading fashion to the twitterverse (twitter universe)?
- What is the actual name of the Burberry check pattern introduced in 1924?
- Where did denim originate?
Nimes, France (De Nimes)
- What designer is responsible for “The New Look”?