|Molly Ritterbeck FCRH '10 and Yesenia Almonte FCRH '97|
at Rose Hill Commons
On April 12, Fordham students and fashionistas had a great opportunity to speak with Yesenia Almonte, beauty editor at Seventeen Magazine, and Molly Ritterbeck, beauty assistant at Seventeen Magazine. Both Yesenia and Molly are Fordham Graduates and came to talk about some great tips for making it in the magazine business and beauty and fashion journalism.
What did we learn about careers in communication and working with Seventeen?
1. Be yourself in interviews! Employers look for sincerity and genuine characters to add to their teams.
2. Be sure to network! You don't know who might be able to help you out when looking for a job.
3. Experience is key. Working at great internships will be beneficial to a career after school.
4. Take advantage of the opportunities around you including the events held by Career Services and the city, of course!
5. Be prepared for an exciting job! Working in the magazine business is full of new projects and experiences to be had.